130 Argumentative Research Paper Topics for You
The spark of truth is struck on the anvil of discussion and the most passionate conversations are almost always debated. We all like to dispute over something, and if you believe arguing isn’t for you, you just haven’t found an interesting topic to argue about. Usually, teachers give you a topic to write about. But when you are asked to choose your topic, it might give you some serious headaches. And this is where we come in.
In this article we’ll give you a list of captivating topics to write an argumentative research paper on. You’ll be able to choose any topic you like based on many different niches of a research paper, from cryptocurrencies to mental health. But first, let’s go into the basics of what an argumentative research paper topic is all about.
What Are Argumentative Research Papers?
The main objective of an argumentative research paper is to convince the reader about a certain point of view and make them agree with it. It can also present counter-arguments so that the reader can see all sides of an argument, and then make up their mind about it. These are done by presenting facts, statistics, or any other type of information that supports the main thesis.
A good way to find these types of topics is to look for problems that are occurring in society or the world around you. For example, if you live near a beach and you see trash on the shoreline, this may be an argumentative research paper idea for you. You might take this idea and make a claim about why people should not litter their trash on the beach.
Another example would be if you read an article that said that smoking cigarettes were bad for your health, but then another article came out saying it wasn’t as bad as everyone thought. This would also be a good topic for an argumentative research paper because there is no definitive answer either way and both sides have valid points.
Argumentative research papers can be challenging to write, but they can also be a lot of fun. The key is to make sure you’re choosing a topic that you’re interested in. If you’re not into the subject, it’s going to be hard to convince other people to care about it! If you’re looking for some great topics for an argumentative research paper, here are some suggestions for high school, college, and different niches.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics College
Every student has to be able to write an argumentative essay, especially when you’re in college. If you have problems with finding argumentative research topics for your college essay, we’ve got you covered! Here are some topics you can choose from!
- Students should be required to take a course in politics/law/justice studies.
- Should colleges offer free tuition for students who graduate high school with excellent grades?
- Should colleges be allowed to have fraternities and sororities?
- The impact of technology on college education
- Should students be allowed to use laptops in class?
- The importance of environmentalism
- Should student loans exist?
- Is it ethical to eat animals?
Good Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Many students find it difficult to come up with a decent arguing topic, especially if they are unfamiliar with how to do so. If you’re having trouble coming up with a solid topic for your argumentative college essay, here are some good topics for an argumentative research paper.
- Can online education be as effective as a traditional education?
- Should universities have the right to decide what their students wear on campus?
- Do you think that men and women should be treated equally in the workplace?
- Should students who have already graduated high school be able to take college courses for free?
- Rigorous testing is the best way to prepare students for college and career choices
- The necessity of standardized tests as a measure of accountability
- Should you take a nap after lunch?
- Should we have a national health care system?
- Is there such a thing as a perfect parent?
Easiest Argumentative Research Paper Topics
The easiest argumentative research paper ideas aren’t always easy to come up with. If you need easy topics to work on, here are some straightforward argumentative research topics.
- Can you trust your dentist?
- Is America racist?
- Are you a good person?
- Should you be allowed to say whatever you want on social media?
- Should you be allowed to smoke weed?
- The importance of sleeping well
- What is the best way to handle the global warming problem?
- Should there be harsher punishments for criminals who commit crimes against children?
Best Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to come up with the best topics for an argumentative research paper. Here are some argumentative research paper topics that are sure to blow your mind.
- Whether or not the United States should be involved in foreign wars, and if so, when it should become involved.
- If a woman has the right to choose what happens with her body when it comes to abortion or birth control.
- Whether or not there should be a law that requires all Americans to be vaccinated against measles before they turn 18 years old.
- How to make America’s healthcare system better.
- Should we allow people who have been convicted of sex crimes against children to be able to work as teachers?
- The effectiveness of stricter gun control laws in preventing violent crime in the United States.
- Who should be responsible for student discipline: the teacher or the principal?
- How schools can better address students’ mental health needs without infringing on their privacy rights.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics High School
Are you looking for a list of high school argumentative research paper topics? We’ve put together a list of some high school argumentative research paper topics.
- Should students be allowed to bring their dogs to school?
- The benefits of working with a team
- The benefits of taking online courses
- The benefits of getting a college degree
- The benefits of a vegan diet
- Are cellphones a distraction in the classroom?
- Is it possible to teach students how to be good citizens in school?
- How can teachers use technology in the classroom more effectively?
Topics for Argumentative Research Paper
Sometimes, it can be really stressful to come up with topics for argumentative research papers. But no worries! Here are some argumentative topics for research paper you can choose from!
- The evolution of social media and its impact on society.
- The role of the media in influencing public opinion.
- The best way to teach children about their gender identity and sexual orientation.
- What are the pros and cons of standardized testing in schools?
- Should people with disabilities be able to drive?
- Is it better to be alone or in a relationship?
- The environmental impact of using plastic straws
- Do you prefer one-night stands or relationships?
- The psychological impact of social media on mental health
Mental Health Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Finding an appropriate argumentation topic for mental health can be difficult. But if you’re seeking argumentative ideas about mental health for your research paper, this list of topics can help you!
- Mental health can be improved with self-care activities and exercise, but not with medication
- The effects of sleep deprivation on mental health
- How technology is helping to treat mental health disorders
- What’s the difference between a mental illness and an emotional disorder?
- How do we know that mental health is just as important as physical health?
- People with mental illnesses are more likely to commit crimes than those without mental illnesses
- Mental health issues should be treated by medication, not by talking about them (or “counseling,” which is just another form of talking).
- There’s no such thing as “mental illness” because it’s not an illness—it’s just a part of being human!
- To be considered mentally healthy, one must be able to perform well at work, school, or in other areas of their life
- Mental illness is a myth
Psychology Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Looking for debatable topics to write about for your upcoming psychology debate? We’ve got your back! The following is a list of ten good psychology research paper argument topics:
- The relationship between creativity and mental illness
- The effect of social media on the development of personalities in children
- The role of stress in the development of mental illness
- The impact of social media on the development of personalities in children
- The connection between creativity and mental illness
- The effect of sleep deprivation on thoughts and memory
- How women and men perceive each other’s sexuality
- The effects of music on early childhood development
- The impact of social media on the self-esteem of young people
- The effects of pornography on society (and vice versa)
Controversial Topics for Argumentative Research Paper
Finding a controversial topic for a debate is not easy, and many students struggle to come up with a topic worth discussing. That is why we have compiled a list of 10 controversial ideas for argumentative research papers from which you can choose.
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should we allow same-sex marriage?
- The legalization of marijuana
- The use of genetically modified crops
- Should we be allowed to eat genetically modified foods?
- Is there such a thing as a war on women?
- Publicly funded sports stadiums
- The use of animals in scientific research
- Gender equality: a fad?
- The legalization of abortion
Argumentative Research Paper Topics on Social Media
The use of social media has risen dramatically in recent years, raising a slew of questions about how it influences the world. Are you seeking a good argumentative research paper topic to write on social media? You can choose from this list of topics.
- Social media is destroying our ability to communicate with each other in the real world.
- Social media is making us less human than we were before its invention.
- The value of social media in healthcare
- The usefulness of social media in law enforcement
- What are the pros and cons of using social media?
- Social media has created a society where we only care about ourselves and our feelings while ignoring the feelings of others.
- Social media in education
- Is social media addictive?
- Social media is making people more depressed
- What’s the most popular social media platform?
Sports Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Sports has evolved into a fascinating and engaging activity; virtually everyone has a favorite sport. Although sport is intriguing, coming up with topics to write about might be difficult! Here are ten sports-related argumentative research paper ideas to consider.
- Is it fair to penalize an athlete’s entire team when one player violates a rule?
- Should there be a cap on how much money professional athletes can make off their labor, or are they entitled to all that they earn?
- The effect of steroids on professional sports
- Is it right to give children sports scholarships?
- Should sports be considered a professional career?
- Why do people watch sports?
- Who is the best athlete in the world today?
- The role of sports in our society
- What is the best way to contractually bind athletes and teams?
- Is college athletics good for the academic experience of students?
Fun Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Sometimes, all you need is a fun argumentative topic to grab your audience’s attention and keep the debate exciting, But coming up with a fun topic to argue about isn’t easy because you’ll need to rack your brains for some ideas. That’s why we have compiled a list of some entertaining argumentative research paper topics!
- Is it better to have a dog or cat as a pet?
- Are you more likely to be the victim of a crime if you live in a big city or a small town?
- Should we allow people to bring their dogs on planes with them?
- Why people should not be forced to have fun
- Why you shouldn’t drink and drive
- Should we ban people from wearing flip-flops in public after Labor Day?
- Are we all sociopaths?
- What makes a great leader?
- Is it ever okay to use a selfie stick?
- Can you be gay and christian?
Cryptocurrency Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Cryptocurrency is a big thing right now. It’s been gaining popularity and attention from investors, governments, and other stakeholders for years. Writing or reading a cryptocurrency argumentative research paper is a great way to get started in the world of cryptocurrency. The topic area has a lot of potential for research, as there are many different viewpoints on cryptocurrencies and their place in our society today.
This list will give you some ideas for topics that would make great argumentative research papers about cryptocurrencies.
- Should the government regulate cryptocurrencies?
- Is cryptocurrency better than fiat money?
- How do cryptocurrencies affect global economics?
- What are the benefits of using cryptocurrency in our society?
- Is cryptocurrency a bubble? Discuss
- Is Bitcoin anonymous? How do governments regulate cryptocurrencies?
- Should we use cryptocurrencies to buy goods and services?
- What are the risks of investing in cryptocurrencies?
- Is it possible to create a cryptocurrency that is not volatile?
- Why are cryptocurrencies good for the world?
Historical Argumentative Research Paper Topics
When it comes to picking historical debate topics, who hasn’t been stumped? It’s difficult to retain all of the material presented in a classroom setting. Thankfully, any historical issue can be turned into a fantastic history argumentative research paper topic. To make it easier for you, we have compiled a list of unique world history argumentative research paper topics below.
- What role did women play in WWII?
- How did the Great Depression impact American society?
- Was the Holocaust necessary to stop Adolf Hitler’s rise to power?
- Did the Russians have a right to invade Afghanistan in 1979?
- Did the world need a new religion?
- Should the United States have invaded Iraq in 2003?
- What is the cause of the current gun violence epidemic?
- The causes of World War II in Europe
- The effects of the Great Recession on the US economy. Discuss
- Was it right to execute Mary, Queen of Scots?
So here we are! 130 argumentative research paper topics to write your research paper on! We hope that you’ve been able to choose the topic you’ll like to work on for your argumentative research paper. Don’t forget to choose a topic that you’re comfortable and excited about writing about. And if you need some help with writing your research paper, we can help you!